Maintenance During the month of June (and possibly July) there will be modifications made to the site. There will be periodic occasions of broken images and pages. Thanks!
June 17, 2013New Illumination system? This week's update will be delayed for a few hours to a day or so. I'm moving things over/cleaning things up into a new computer. In the meantime, please let me know your thoughts on the proposed Illumination system below ^^ thanks!!
S is for...
And a new unique update segment to offset our "New Deck" releases. This offer expires July 1. Comment with your favorite Disney character that starts with the letter and please include why they're your favorite. And take a card of your choice that starts with the letter "S" don't forget to log~ only a few more of these to go to coincide with the Charmed decks release in mid-July.
I've been mulling over the change to the Illumination since we had our Very Good Advice survey and how to make it sustainable for both new and seasoned traders; a new system is being proposed. Please let me know what you think, any suggestions, modifications, questions are welcome ^^~ Note this is just the basic blueprint, details still working out:
- There will be a designated Illumination for each month of the calendar year for a total of 12. At the beginning of each month I'll be posting up the Illumination and reward package where you'll have the full month to comment that you took them > indicates you're active. I was debating over a more challenging concept of: required to either master a deck/poster/participate in a contest/or a different challenge each month etc...but went with the easier one. But let me know what you think, we could possibly do a mix of both.
- At the end of your year, if you have achieved at least 9 out of 12 Illuminations, you will receive a badge along with another set card reward package. This basically means that you were "active" 9 months of the 12 in your year. Is 9 months too much?
- What does your year mean? Traders don't join all in January ^^ so we can't make it that everyone starts by calendar year January. I will base the 12 Illuminations/months on when you joined. For example, if you joined in September, you would start off with 1 Illumination. If by next year's September you have 9-12 of 12 Illuminations it will count as 1 year of activity. This will all be recorded in your Profile.
- So for each of your year the Illumination system is then reset starting with 1 > 12 again.
- There will be new Illumination badges remade with 12 available slots instead of the current 5 slots...along with not needing a graphics program to add them into the badge.
- If this idea sounds good, I will be retro-actively giving out rewards. I.e. if you joined our 3rd run in June 2011 (whew I was looking back at our old updates that go back to the 2nd run in 2007 ^^;) and have been active for the past 2 years, you'll receive 2 badges + rewards. Perfect timing since it's June 2013 ~ and I will be adding on "Date Joined" on profiles to keep record.
In summary, you'll be getting benefits monthly for your "age" here at SM, that is how long you played, instead of just by the current system of number of cards. Let me know what you think!
June 10, 2013Almost there Edit 6/11 Trader Panel is down // end edit
Please note that the Trader Panel is down for maintenance. If you wish to modify your information/go on hiatus/active please use the contact form. Or if you need to turn in Pixel entries feel free to email me directly as well, thanks!
- Set 1 updated.
- Don't forget contest entries are due by the 25th!
- Court of Miracles looking for doubles until the end of the month ~
Illuminate the Possibilities
- New Traders Bunnie
- Master Andrea (yourworldre, s-hunchback), Britti (ladytobed), Lethe (daughters, strangerslikeme, twoworldsre, s-forthebirds, s-partlycloudy)
Q or R is for...
And a new unique update segment to offset our "New Deck" releases. This offer expires June 23. Comment with your favorite Disney character that starts with the letter and please include why they're your favorite (feel free to choose any queen or character that starts with either letter Q or R). And take a card of your choice that starts with the letter "Q or R" don't forget to log~
Sorry no decks this week! Swapped with things to do. Also noted in the above box there will be some maintenance going around the rest of this month and perhaps into July - along with changes to the site itself, but I'll announce those changes when they are actually implemented/occur.